Skip to main content

Trans Tasman Tag Series Postponed

By April 6, 2020April 15th, 2020No Comments

The Trans Tasman Tag Series postponed until September

Since the Covid-19 It has been unprecedented times for us all with the year turned upside down and the world thrown into total chaos on the sporting front. With the winter codes in total shutdown and our season cut short we have had to make tentative bookings to try and salvage the tour.

Oztag Australia had pre booked flights accomodation and bus transfers in advance for the April 3rd to 5th weekend and were fully committed. Since the postponement Bill Harrigan CEO of Australia Oztag and Claude Iusitini from New Zealand Tag Football have been working behind the scenes to ensure the series could be rescheduled at a later date. A tentative date has been set for September 24th to the 26th 2o20 at the same venue.  ‘The players, coaches, managers from both sides have all been very disappointed by the postponement, Naturally player safety is paramount and we will follow the strict lockdown guidelines to ensure we can safely deliver this tournament within the health and safety guidelines in due course” said Claude Iusitini.

Since the The NZTFI are monitoring the situation closely on a day to day basis and will do its utmost to ensure the Trans Tasman Series goes ahead. Field allocations will also need to be reviewed with many winter sports codes rescheduling their seasons which may compromise field usage and condition. The dates are locked in for September with Bruce Pulman Park and Oztag Australia have committed 26 tag teams and New Zealand Tag have committed 25 teams to the series. Should the Covid-19 situation be the same in September further dates have been set aside for late January early February or early April.