INTERNATIONAL TAG FEDERATION
The Board of the ITF is made up of the five founding member nations namely Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa.
The ITF sanctions various International Tag events around the world that are hosted in member countries and involve teams representing their countries either as teams residing in the country or as Heritage Nations teams when not residing in the country.
The strategic focus of the ITF since the World Cup in 2018 is to grow the game internationally.
Tag World Cups are currently hosted every three years. Previously World Cups have been hosted in:
- 2012 – New Zealand, Auckland
- 2015 – Australia, Gold Coast
- 2018 – Australia, Coffs Harbour
Upcoming Tag World Cups:
- 2023 – Ireland, University of Limerick, Limerick (moved from 2021 due to Covid-19)
- 2025 – Southern Hemisphere, to be announced at the Tag World Cup 2023 prize giving
In 2017, the ITF made it a policy to alternate the hosting of the Tag World Cup in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. This forms part of the development strategy adopted by the Organisation.